Direct representation throughout New York. Family law advisors in cases around the world.
While our firm is based in New York City, we routinely handle matters in Westchester County, including some of the most significant cases in the County over the past few years.
We also handle many matters in other nearby counties—including Kings, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk—and throughout the New York metro area.
Our attorneys also serve as counsel or advisors in complex, high-stakes family law matters in other jurisdictions across the United States, as well as in Europe, Asia, Latin America, South America and the Middle East.
When I tell clients that our firm has global impact, I mean it in every sense of the word. We have advised on cases in many countries around the world. We have an international network of experts in supporting fields. Our team is geared to think and act globally.
Cases we have advised on nationally or internationally have included:
- Litigating out-of-state equitable distribution cases, including substantial cases in Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Missouri, New Mexico, Illinois, and the State of Washington
- Working with international clients and their local counsel to prepare agreements that will be specifically enforceable in New York and their foreign jurisdiction—including, but not limited to, Australia, Bermuda, England, Switzerland, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Romania and Poland
- Litigating and advising on issues concerning “off-shore” trusts and foreign bank accounts, including on the Isle of Man, Panama, the Cayman Islands, Switzerland and Jersey
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on out-of-state and foreign country agreements
- Representing parents in international kidnapping and custody disputes, including obtaining the return of children pursuant to the Hague Convention
- Obtaining the custody and return of children for a father, after the mother kidnapped the children to Spain and falsely claimed to the Spanish authorities that she was being abused by the father
- Spearheading and working with local litigation teams in out-of-state divorce matters and custody disputes
- Representing multiple clients in jurisdictional disputes—including, for example, a matter that involved obtaining jurisdiction in New York and then successfully restraining the wife from pursuing her own divorce action in India, and enforcing a New York forum selection clause in a crucial pretrial agreement restraining the wife from pursuing a competing action in California.
- Representing one of the world’s most prominent families with family related litigation in Belgium, Brazil and Monaco.